In the TV series, he also directed several of the episodes and portrays Ike Anwhistle, as well as the voice of "Mr. Tamerlane" in The Austere Academy: Part One. In The Hostile Hospital: Part Two, a woman is named after him with the anagram Barney N. Dolfners.
In each book adaptation (except TMM apparently), he has a cameo in some art such as a painting or a statue.
- TBB: A painting in Justice Strauss' library.
- TRR: A painting on Monty's wall.
- TWW: Ike Anwhistle in Josephine Anwhistle's library.
- TAA: Sir Barrymore Feint in Nero's office.
- TEE: A painting in the Squalor's formal, semi-formal and informal dining rooms. He is wearing different clothes in all of them.
- TVV: In the village's fire department.
- THH: On a cranioectomy poster.
- TCC: On art on a tent.
- TSS: On art on another tent at the top of Mount Fraught.
- TGG: Captain Widdershins painting, as well as on the wasabi label.
- TPP: A bust on one of the floors, as well as in a painting in the Indian restaurant.
- TE: In a painting above the juke box in the soda shop.