|“||Wait until the readers of the Daily Punctilio see that!||”|
— Geraldine's catchphrase when she comes up with a headline
Geraldine Julienne is the star reporter of The Daily Punctilio. She always carries a microphone and incorrectly reports on events throughout the series.
Though she does not appear in The Vile Village, the Baudelaires read her inaccurate newspaper articles.
In The Penultimate Peril, Geraldine is with Esmé at the Hotel Denouement where she talks with her at the hotel's rooftop sunbathing salon. Following the death of Dewey Denouement, Geraldine claims that the Baudelaire children are no ordinary murderers. When Justice Strauss breaks up the commotion and states that there will be a trial to decide the fate of the Baudelaire children and Count Olaf. When Geraldine comes up with a headline for it, Justice Strauss tells her not to do any premature newspaper stories. Geraldine attempts to submit her own newspaper articles as evidence during the trial. When the Hotel Denouement Fire is started, Geraldine was last seen on one of the floors using her microphone as a cane while squealing about headlines. It is unknown if she survives the fire.
She thinks up many headlines and exclaims "Wait until the readers of the Daily Punctilio see that!" Such headlines include:
- "DOCTOR TELLS HISTORY OF KNIFE."
- "HEIMLICH HOSPITAL ALMOST FORGETS PAPER WORK."
- "MURDERER ATTEMPTS TO MURDER MURDERER."
- "COUNT OLAF THINKS UP IDEA FOR LION SHOW."
- "EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH COUNT OLAF, WHO IS NOT COUNT OMAR, WHO IS DEAD."
- "FREAKS PUSHED INTO LION PIT."
- "PEOPLE DISCUSS THINGS CALMLY."
She is the author of multiple articles seen in the TV series including:
- "OFFICIAL FIRE DEPARTMENT CONCLUDES: BAUDELAIRE FIRE AN ACCIDENT"
- "WE FEEL TERRIBLE AND WE MISS OUR PARENTS VERY MUCH: CHILDREN ARE VERY SAD, AND HAVE NO PLACE TO GO"
- "BAUDELAIRES SAFE AND SOUND AT HOME OF FAMOUS ACTOR: Closest Living Relative Graciously Opens His Home To The Orphans : ORPHANS BEGIN NEW AND GLAMOROUS LIFE IN CELEBRITY SPOT LIGHT"
- "ACCIDENT AT LUCKY SMELLS: PALTRYVILLE CITIZEN GOES MISSING IN LUMBERMILL BELIEVED TO HAVE BEEN AN ACCIDENT"
- Although Geraldine Julienne does not directly appear in the TV series, the series' version of Eleanora Poe takes on many of her characteristics, especially during Season 2 where she begins using Geraldine's catchphrase.
- Her family name, Julienne, can also be seen among the other names displayed in the VFD tunnel in the first episode.
- Also in the first episode in one of the articles of the Daily Punctilio, it is shown that she wrote it.
- In Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography, she locks Eleanora in the basement of the newspaper building at Esmé's instruction.
- The autobiography also mentions a column written by Geraldine entitled "SECRET ORGANIZATIONS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT" which was going to publish the address of V.F.D.'s headquarters.
- The Beatrice Letters reveals that Geraldine became the new fashion editor shortly after the Duchess of Winnipeg's death. In the same letter, Lemony Snicket refers to Geraldine as a "foolish girl."
- She and her family might be a part of V.F.D. "Julienne" being written in a VFD tunnel in the TV series could reinforce this theory. She also has an eye on her hat feather on the cover of The Penultimate Peril.
- The Vile Village (mentioned)
- The Hostile Hospital
- The Carnivorous Carnival
- The Penultimate Peril
- Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography (mentioned)
- The Beatrice Letters (mentioned)
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (TV series) (mentioned)