Documents are stored between pages 302 and 303, in Chapter 6: Ivan Lachrymose Has a Snack. The book is intentionally very dry, so as to keep people from stumbling upon it.
|“||At this point, I hope this book is so boring that no one is reading it, because this tedious biography was not meant for people to read. It was written so that crucial documents could be stored right here, between pages 302 and 303. If, by any chance, you are reading this book for entertainment and not to find crucial documents, allow me to apologize for how boring it is.||”|
— Pages 302-303
Items Known to be Hidden Inside
- The second half of a V.F.D. meeting transcription was once hidden here. It is implied this is the same copy the Baudelaires discover hidden underneath Josephine Anwhistle's bed.
- Lemony Snicket discovered an audiotape wedged in his copy, containing a recorded conversation between Arthur and Eleanora Poe at The Anxious Clown.
- There are at least 303 pages.
- It was among Josephine Anwhistle's books on Lake Lachrymose, stored under her bed.
- It was put on Ms. K's reading list, and on the banned books list in The Daily Punctilio.
- It was one of the books that made up Kit Snicket's raft.