|“||Well, you three had better start packing. Edgar, Albert, please help me clear the table.||”|
— Polly Poe, The Bad Beginning
At one point Mr. Poe says that he will tell his wife that dark is in, indicating that she is quite a fashionable woman, or at least tries to be. Mr. Poe is even willing to pay $409 for an ocean decoration of a red herring, likely for her.
Behind the scenes
- In the 2003 Multi-Voice Recording of The Bad Beginning, she is voiced by Maggie Albright.
- In the film she is portrayed by Deborah Theaker.
- In the TV series, Polly Poe's role as Mr. Poe's wife has been removed, with Eleanora Poe (portrayed by Cleo King) now being his wife instead of his sister.
|Eleanora Poe||Arthur Poe||Polly Poe|
|Edgar Poe||Albert Poe|
|A Series of Unfortunate Events (Books)|
|1. The Bad Beginning (1999):||Debut||7. The Vile Village (2001):||Absent|
|2. The Reptile Room (1999):||Mentioned||8. The Hostile Hospital (2001):||Absent|
|3. The Wide Window (2000):||Absent||9. The Carnivorous Carnival (2002):||Absent|
|4. The Miserable Mill (2000):||Absent||10. The Slippery Slope (2003):||Absent|
|5. The Austere Academy (2000):||Absent||11. The Grim Grotto (2004):||Absent|
|6. The Ersatz Elevator (2001):||Mentioned||12. The Penultimate Peril (2005):||Absent|
|13. The End (2006):||Absent|
|All the Wrong Questions|
|Who Could That Be at This Hour? (2012):||Absent||Shouldn't You Be in School? (2014):||Absent|
|When Did You See Her Last? (2013):||Absent||Why Is This Night Different from All Other Nights? (2015):||Absent|
|File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (2014):||Absent|
|Other Snicket Books|
|Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography (2002):||Absent|
|The Dismal Dinner (2004):||Absent|
|The Beatrice Letters (2006):||Absent|
|The Hero of the Story (2017):||Absent|
- The Bad Beginning
- The Reptile Room (Mentioned only)
- The Ersatz Elevator (Mentioned only)
- The Vile Village (Mentioned only)
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (film)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.