|“||Don't worry, Baudelaires, don't feel disgrace;
The Quagmire triplets are on the case!
— Isadora Quagmire, The Austere Academy
- Mr. Quagmire †
- Mrs. Quagmire †
- Duncan Quagmire (status unknown; possibly killed by The Great Unknown)
- Isadora Quagmire (status unknown; possibly killed by The Great Unknown)
- Quigley Quagmire (status unknown; possibly killed by The Great Unknown)
They originally lived in the Quagmire Mansion, and were very wealthy due to the Quagmire Sapphires. They seem to be a VFD family, as claimed by Jacques Snicket to Quigley Quagmire. (In the Netflix series, the Quagmire family are unambiguously VFD.)
Their mansion was burnt down in a fire which killed both Quagmire parents. According to The Daily Punctilio, the Quagmire estate is currently under care of Esmé Squalor. It is unknown if Esmé still holds control of the estate due to the question of her survival in the Hotel Denouement fire.
It is often speculated that the Quagmires are related to the Denouement Family; Dewey Denouement says that triplets run in his family. If the Quagmires and Denouements are related, it is likely through Mrs. Quagmire, as the gene for carrying triplets is passed down through the mother.
Netflix Series Divergent Canon
In the Netflix adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events, a mysterious husband and wife credited as only "Mother" and "Father" appear throughout the season. For most of the episodes the audience are led to believe through various clues that they are the Baudelaire parents, having survived the fire and subsequently been kidnapped.
In "The Miserable Mill: Part One", after arriving at a door identical to the one that the Baudelaires wait on the inside of in the Lucky Smells Lumbermill, the parents are revealed to be the parents not of the Baudelaires but of the Quagmires, therefore identifying them as "Mr. and Mrs. Quagmire".
When Count Olaf meets Duncan and Isadora at Prufrock preparatory school Duncan calls him a miscreant. Olaf immediately remembers about Mrs. Quagmire and calls her a tiresome woman telling the two of three triplest how she once told him 'You miscreant, never again will you darken the doors of this hangar.'.
|Mr. Quagmire †||Mrs. Quagmire †|
|Duncan Quagmire||Isadora Quagmire||Quigley Quagmire|
- "Quagmire" was likely chosen for these characters' surname due to its definition of "a position or situation which is unpleasant or hazardous; esp. one from which it is difficult to extricate oneself." It also can mean "an area of wet, boggy land that gives way under foot; a quaking bog," or "something soft, flabby, or yielding."
- Their most used fanamde names are Karen (Mrs. Quagmire) and Quinten (Mr. Quagmire)
- Mrs. Quagmire calls bad people miscreants. 
- She is also known for reading Italian poetry and activating trap doors.