Read Something Else: Collected & Dubious Wit & Wisdom of Lemony is the second book of quotes by Lemony Snicket. Many of the quotes are from previous published works, though some are original to the book. The book also includes artwork by fans.
Quotes and Artwork
Below are a few examples of quotes and artwork from the book.
- "The moral of 'Snow White' is 'Never eat apples.'"
- "Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another."
- "Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both."
- "Miracles are like pimples, because once you start looking for them you find more than you ever dreamed you'd see."
- There are quotes from Snicket's two series, A Series of Unfortunate Events and All the Wrong Questions, as well as, some of his minor works, including from The Dark and The Bad Mood and the Stick.
- This is Snicket's second book of quotes, the first being Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid.
- Some quotes appear in both books, e.g. "Normally it is not polite to go into somebody's room without knocking, but you can make an exception if the person is dead, or pretending to be dead."
- Unlike Horseradish, this book is not divided into chapters. While the book has an introduction, it is not a short story. While illustration in Horseradish consists of a single man walking, Read Something Else contains a variety of art by over thirty artists.