The Lost Arms is located in Stain'd-by-the-Sea and serves as a base of operation for Lemony Snicket and S. Theodora Markson, who stay in the Far East Suite. The proprietor is a man named Prosper Lost.
There is a statue of a naked, armless woman in the lobby, as well as a phone on the counter and a bell for assistance. Decorations such as vases, lamps and statues could be seen as well.
Far East Suite
The Far East Suite is where Lemony and S. Theodora Markson reside for the duration of their stay in Stain'd-by-the-Sea. Arranged by Prosper Lost according to S. Theodora Markson's wishes, it is the cheapest room in the hotel. According to Lemony, it is a room that 'you can't wait to leave.' It has stated to have two beds, a bathroom, a heated plate plugged into the wall, a starburst-shaped light hanging from the ceiling and a picture of a girl holding a dog with a bandaged paw. S. Theodora Markson had thrown celebrations in the room twice.
Far West Wing
There used to be a Far West Wing in the Lost Arms, where Alice Lost had a glyptotheca, but it was destroyed in a fire.
- Who Could That Be at This Hour?
- When Did You See Her Last?
- Shouldn't You Be in School?
- Why Is This Night Different from All Other Nights?
- File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents
- The statue of the armless woman could be a reference to the Venus de Milo.
- The Far East Suite is another allusion to Duke Ellington (the first of which being Ellington Feint's name) as it is the name of one of his albums.