The Mamba du Mal: A Snake That Will Never Kill Me is an in-universe book written by Tony "Mommy" Eggmonteror.
The only known segment from this book describes the Mamba du Mal's strangulatory grip and deadly venom. It also describes the snake's excellent communication skills, and how several specimens have been trained to recite encoded phrases.
- "Summer is" = "Enemies are nearby."
- "Over and gone" = "Probably in disguise."
- "Dying" = "Beware of arson."
The only other creature with good enough communication skills for this is the common grass cricket.
- There are at least 169 pages.
- There is a good chance that Tony "Mommy" Eggmonteror is an anagram for Monty Montgomery.
- The segment from the book is read and utilized by Klaus Baudelaire in The Reptile Room.