This is your user page. Please edit this page to tell V.F.D. about yourself!
Noble Articles of Interest
- The Incomplete History of Secret Organizations
- Baudelaire Family
- Olivia Caliban
- Quigley Quagmire
- Violet Baudelaire
- Klaus Baudelaire
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- "NPCs can be unreliable narrators. They can lie, they can misinterpret, they may have been lied to or manipulated, they may be so arrogantly overconfident that they think what they're saying is true, or they might know something is true but they find out more information later. Kind of like real life." - A former mentor.
- "Rules help keep honest people honest." - Another former mentor.
- "Our power doesn't make us good or bad. Our choices do." - Miriam, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
- "Doing the right thing isn't a betrayal." - Miriam, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
- - "My son loves to read your stories.'"
- "Then you must have not raised him right." - An exchange between my mother and Daniel Handler at a book expo.
- "When you have a big voice, and you have a VERY big one. You should always be conscious to not spread statements that could result in judgment, hatred, or simple lack of acceptance." - Tara Strong
- "To say that a person actively calls out homophobia and a hypocrite and say that they’re just as bad as a person who’s trying to deny rights from other people is using the same logic as saying something like, 'A person who calls out child abuse is just as bad as the child abuser.' Or 'A person who calls out slavery is just as bad as owning slaves. This guy who owns slaves; it’s just an opinion that he thinks people should be slaves and you have an opinion that people shouldn’t be slaves. They’re just opinions. You’re a hypocrite for calling him out on it and wanting people to be free.' It’s the same logic as a person who works for a domestic abuse charity being called just as bad as someone who abuses their partner. I know a lot of people think that they have these 'Get Out of Jail Free' cards for saying, 'It’s just an opinion.' But when you’re actively pushing an agenda that has real consequences on real peoples’ lives, when you’re actively trying to make people feel bad about themselves, when you’re actively trying to get people to change their own actions to follow your way of thinking with no logical reason for it like no science to back you up, when you are being harmful to a big innocent group of people that have done nothing wrong, it stops being just an opinion and starts being cowardly, to be honest. When you make moves like that, it does open you up to criticism and that does mean I’m going to mock how stupid and harmful your views are. I’m not going to necessarily mock you, but I’m going to mock your views and yeah, sometimes that means doing stupid voices and stupid faces to get a point across about how stupid your point is." - Rachel Oates
- "If a number of people independently come to you with the same problem or the same issue, maybe the problem isn’t with the other people. Find the common denominator there and it’s you. Chances are you need to change your behavior." - Rachel Oates
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.